ALGAE MASK TREATMENT
Enjoy a 55-minute facial with our signature dermaplaning treatment, extractions and a custom algae mask. This mask is high in antioxidants and promotes the production of collagen and elastin. There are 6 varieties that are available, in which our Medical Aesthetican can determine which one to use to best suit your individual face care needs:
The 6 Different Mask Types we offer:
1. Clarifying Mask with charcoal and algae which absorbs impurities, oil and pollutants. Good for oily skin and combination skin types.
2. Vitamin Vegetable Mask with vitamin c derived from oranges and dill which are high in antioxidants for skin lightening. Good for dull and aging skin.
3. The Green Mask with high algae concentrate which is oxygenating and helps to sooth sensitive skin. Good for sensitive and aging skin.
4. Goji Mask with gogi berries and quinoa seeds that are high in antioxidants. Good for all skin types.
5. Green Tea Mask with green tea leaves and catechin molecules that reduce cell aging. Good for all skin types.
6. Regenerative Mask (The Botox Effect) with flax and aloe that soothes, tones and lifts, good for all skin types.
Come in for a treatment and let our Medical Aestheticians choose the right mask for you with this treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any downtime for this treatment?
There is no downtime for this treatment. However, for clients that have sensitive skin or more reactive skin types, there may be a pink hue to their skin post-treatment. Any treatment that stimulates the skin may cause irritation.
What should I do with my skin post-treatment?
We recommend the use of sunscreen post-treatment, regardless of the time of year, as harmful UV rays are present even during the winter months. UV rays are also present with the use of technology such as cell phones, computer screens and televisions. Our Medical Aestheticians and Front Desk staff can assist in choosing the sunscreen best suited for you as we have an array of options to choose from.
Do you use tools for extractions?
At Skinprovement Medi Spa & Laser Clinic, we do not use tools or other technologies for extractions as the ones on the market are NOT Health Canada Approved. Some of these tools can cause damage to the skin resulting in scarring, bruising, capillary damage. It can also drive bacteria deeper into the skin, causing breakouts.
Do you use steam with your treatment?
Believe it or not, the use of steam can irritate the skin, cause dehydration, and is not suitable for anyone with asthma. Due to the nature of the treatment, with the inclusion of dermaplaning or other exfoliants, the use of steam can be aggressive. We make use of hot towels to soften the pores prior to extractions.
What do I need to do before this treatment?
Thankfully nothing. Just be sure to stop by 15 minutes prior to your treatment if you are new to the clinic, as the Front Desk Coordinator will ask you to fill in some information. Leave the rest to us!